I do not care...

I do not care that I am living in a place I should not live.  I do not care that I am thriving in a cold and wind-driven barren. I do not care that there are no others north or west of where I reside.  I do not care that harsh salty sprays are trying to take me down.  


I do not care about feeling pain or experiencing comfort.   I grow here because I can.  


Southern Live Oak (Quercus virginiana) meets its northern growing range as far north as the Chesapeake Bay region of Virginia.  Live oaks are much more common in the deep south, but a climate moderated by Atlantic ocean sea breezes and a warm shallow bay permits these southern trees to thrive.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windy City Cactus: Eastern Prickly Pear Cactus

Virginia Pineapple? The fascinating family of Bromeliaceae

Natural Notes: Native Sunflowers